Friendly SQL for Oracle is a lightweight, zero-configuration Oracle client featuring a SQL Editor, Visual Database Browser, and industry-leading SQL Script Wizard. Friendly SQL requires no Oracle software installation or setup. With enterprise-friendly features like Microsoft Office integration, SQL editor history, and fully cancelable operations, Friendly SQL enables users to quickly and easily work in any Oracle 8i or higher database. ** Browse and modify data, view dependencies and generate creation scripts for tables and other datatypes with the Visual Database Browser. Execute SQL, perform explain plans, and automatically display DBMS Output using the powerful SQL Editor. Friendly features like searchable SQL history, on-screen access to Favorite SQL, and in-line object describe make the SQL Editor a snap to use. ** Friendly SQL for Oracle frees users from any setup work by automatically locating any installed Oracle Homes and tnsnames.ora files, and comes with the newest drivers released by Oracle. All that is needed to connect to any Oracle 9i or greater database is to run the application and enter a username and password - no other software, drivers, or ODBC setup is required. ** Browse and modify data, view dependencies and generate creation scripts for tables and other datatypes with the Visual Database Browser. Execute SQL, perform explain plans, and automatically display DBMS Output using the powerful SQL Editor. Friendly features like searchable SQL history, on-screen access to Favorite SQL, and in-line object describe make the SQL Editor a snap to use. ** Completely native, modern Windows application - no slow Java GUI or unfamiliar interfaces. ** Easily copy-n-paste groups of cells from Microsoft Excel. ** Simple export of any tables, views or SQL queries to Microsoft Excel/Word, text, XML and more. ** Include query results and tabular data inside Microsoft Outlook emails. ** Complete object information and SQL creation scripts for every object type.
» version 1.6.1010.7 - posted on 2010-10-20
Added new robust TNS connection engine and misc requested interface fixes.
» version 1.2 - posted on 2009-07-30
Saved password encryption; Multiple Oracle home support; auto-tnsnames detection.
EULA - End User License Agreement
End User License Agreement
CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LICENSE AGREEMENT. BY OPENING THE PACKAGE OR CLICKING ON THE "ACCEPT" OR "I AGREE" BUTTON, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK THE "DO NOT ACCEPT" OR "DECLINE" BUTTON, AND, IF APPLICABLE, RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND.
The package contains software ("Software") and related explanatory written materials ("Documentation"). "Software" includes any upgrades, modified versions, updates, additions and copies of the Software. "You" means the person or company who is being licensed to use the Software or Documentation. "We" and "us" means BE-Theory LLC.
We hereby grant you a nonexclusive license to use one copy of the Software on any single computer, provided the Software is in use on only one computer at any time. The Software is "in use" on a computer when it is loaded into temporary memory (RAM) or installed into the permanent memory of a computer—for example, a hard disk, CD-ROM or other storage device.
We remain the owner of all right, title and interest in the Software and Documentation.
Archival or Backup Copies
You may either:
* make one copy of the Software solely for backup or archival purposes; or
* transfer the Software to a single hard disk, provided you keep the original solely for backup or archival purposes.
Things You May Not Do
The Software and Documentation are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaties. You must treat the Software and Documentation like any other copyrighted material--for example a book. You may not:
* copy the Documentation;
* copy the Software except to make archival or backup copies as provided above;
* modify or adapt the Software or merge it into another program;
* reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or make any attempt to discover the source code of the Software;
* place the Software onto a server so that it is accessible via a public network such as the Internet; or
* sublicense, rent, lease or lend any portion of the Software or Documentation.
You may transfer all your rights to use the Software and Documentation to another person or legal entity provided you transfer this Agreement, the Software and Documentation, including all copies, updates and prior versions to such person or entity and that you retain no copies, including copies stored on computer.
We warrant that for a period of 30 days after delivery of this copy of the Software to you:
* the physical media on which this copy of the Software is distributed will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use; and
* the Software will perform in substantial accordance with the Documentation.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, regardless of whether we know or had reason to know of your particular needs. No employee, agent, dealer or distributor of ours is authorized to modify this limited warranty, nor to make any additional warranties.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Our entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be:
* the replacement of any diskette(s) or other media not meeting our Limited Warranty which is returned to us or to an authorized Dealer or Distributor with a copy of your receipt; or
* if we or an authorized Dealer or Distributor are unable to deliver a replacement diskette(s) or other media that is free of defects in materials or workmanship, you may terminate this Agreement by returning the Software and Documentation and your money will be refunded.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (EVEN IF WE OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES), OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Term and Termination
This license agreement takes effect upon your use of the software and remains effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any time by destroying all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession. It will also automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this license agreement. You agree on termination of this license to either return to us or destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession.
The Software contains trade secrets and proprietary know-how that belong to us and it is being made available to you in strict confidence. ANY USE OR DISCLOSURE OF THE SOFTWARE, OR OF ITS ALGORITHMS, PROTOCOLS OR INTERFACES, OTHER THAN IN STRICT ACCORDANCE WITH THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, MAY BE ACTIONABLE AS A VIOLATION OF OUR TRADE SECRET RIGHTS.
1. This written license agreement is the exclusive agreement between you and us concerning the Software and Documentation and supersedes any and all prior oral or written agreements, negotiations or other dealings between us concerning the Software.
2. This license agreement may be modified only by a writing signed by you and us.
3. In the event of litigation between you and us concerning the Software or Documentation, the prevailing party in the litigation will be entitled to recover attorney fees and expenses from the other party.
4. This license agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Texas.
5. You agree that the Software will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act or any other export laws, restrictions or regulations.
This software may report anonymous catastrophic crash codes. This software may report anonymous executions of unpurchased versions. Absolutely no personal information or system information is ever sent or collected by this software.
Software Support consists of the following:
* During any Support Period we shall make available to Licensee the Support Services as listed in the Support Section.
* The "Support Period" is a twelve (12) month period. The first Support Period begins on the date the Software is purchased and ends twelve (12) months thereafter.
* For all Software, Support Services shall be available via the internet or email.
* Licensee shall have access to our Support Web site: http://www.FriendlySQL.com/support/.
* We shall make available to Licensee new releases of the same major version Software, including Software corrections, enhancements, patches and upgrades, if and when they generally available without charge as part of Support Services for the Software.
* Communications from Licensee regarding previously reported Software failures will be responded to at our sole reasonable discretion.
* We shall respond to unlimited communications from Licensee that report Software failures not previously reported by Licensee.